View Single Post
Old
04-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
I want him to return because I love the guy and have enjoyed cheering for him every season, however I also believe he should seek offers elsewhere because he deserves too much better than the treatment he has endured here. Yes many fans have supported him however we cannot forget those idiots who constantly cried about his inability to speak French or the media endless blaming him.

I recall RDS one week posting on their website he was a fantastic player and a great captain for the Habs: he had socred for five points that week. The following week, RDS cited him as one of the worst captains in Canadiens' history and that he needed to be traded: he had one point I believe.

The fickle media here is just ridiculous. If Koivu decides to remain and end his career with Montreal I will have more respect for him than thought possible because despite all the flaws, he is sticking to this team until the end, win or lose; and even if he moves on, I still will respect him for everything he has done.

Of note, Columbus has openly mentioned being in need of a strong centre for Rick Nash and I would not be surprised they would love to add Koivu. That would be a sight to see, Koivu finally has the elite scoring winger he has yet to be given in Montreal. People lobbying for him to leave because he doesn't speak French have no idea what this team will miss without him.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote