View Single Post
Old
04-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
You have to remember that Fedor had beaten Nogeira 2 times in dominating fashion( UFC champion ), Sylvia decisively ( UFC champion ), Arlovski ( UFC champion ).

People will always say that Fedor will never be a true champion until he fights the best. Unfortunately everyone seems to think that the UFC has the best HW's but i don't think so. Brock lesner was barely beating a 43 year old Courture before the one decisive punch and he only has a 2-1 record at that. Thats very weak for a UFC champion. Mir has been a shadow of himself until his fluke win over lesner with the leg lock, and his record also speaks for himself. Who else is left after those 2? Carwin? Kongo? Gonzaga?

Fedor has fought and beaten the best.

Fedor's next biggest possible challenge will be Barnett. Although i'd grudgingly like to see fedor vs Andrei 2.
I never said Fedor wasn't a true Champ. He was the best no doubt.
But over the past 2-3years, he hasn't been fighting the top contenders in his division.

The UFC's HW division was extremely weak for a number of years.
Sylvia benefited from it greatly, and so did Arlovski.
Andrei had so much potential until the Fame got to him and he changed his style.

If Fedor would have lost to either one of them, he'd have lost a ton of popularity because neither of those fighters are truly at the top of their division.

I wasn't suggesting in the least that Brock is a top HW. I actually think he has a lot to learn and if it wasn't for his abnormal size, he wouldn't even make it to preliminary fights.

Outside of Lesnar, all of the HWs are over the hill.
Mir, BigNog, Sylvia, Arlovski, even Barnett and Hunt.
Kongo has a lot of flaws in his game, but good potential. Gonzaga is just bad. Couture is 40ish
I don't think the HWs are that good really, and that's why I'm saying it's a shame we didn't get to see Fedor in his prime fight the rest of these fighters in their prime.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote