Thread: Value of: Thornton To The Sabres
View Single Post
Old
04-28-2009, 09:58 PM
matt trick

vCash: 500
The Sharks needs:

Prospects:
Centers are fine so long as they keep two of Pavelski, Marleau, and Thornton with youth in Couture, Daniels, and Zalewski.

D-men are okay with Moore, Joslin, Demers, Demers, and Braun having legit nhl shots, and Petrecki as a potential #3 or 4. No guaranteed top 4 PMD.

Goalies are okay as Sateri, Greiss, Sexsmith, Dakers, and Stalock are solid but a legit nhl ready prospect like Enroth is way ahead of them.

Wingers- are ugly. Lukas Kaspar (who cleared waivers) leads the pack if you exclude McGinn.

Current line-up: The top 6 F and top 4 d-men will again be among the top in the league, and Evgeni Nabokov is among the league's top goalies (albeit a bit overrated). McGinn and Mitchell make up part of a very solid bottom 6, but they still need more. I would love Gaustad to center the McGinn and Mitchell.

Really this team needs future replacements for Boyle, Nabokov, Blake in the next 2-5 years and needs to be replace any one else they move.

Your above deal solves three needs (third line center, youth winger depth, and the elite goalie prospect not to mention some size) but I am not sure it is worth trading Joe for.

Leaves them with

Michalek-Marleau-Setoguchi
Clowe-Pavelski-Stafford
McGinn-Gaustad-Mitchell

Boyle-Lukowich
Blake-Vlasic
Murray-Ehrhoff

Nabby
Enroth

Sharks gain about 2.5 million in cap space. If you changed Einnis to Myers and added a 2nd from San Jose, or added your 1st I think I would do it.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote