View Single Post
Old
04-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Ape Clutch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Just read through this whole thread, and am so glad I don't live in Montreal to hear the BS that the media spews on a daily basis. However, if stories are big enough they spew across Canada no matter how accurate the story is. For example, the "darkest day in Habs history" was all over the news here and the basically regurgitated what they had learned from the Montreal media. Now this is getting off topic, but saying this I do believe many players don't want to play in Montreal because they realize the pressures that go along with it. Tanguay although he did eventually agree to come here said he would never play in Montreal because of the pressure so I'm sure other players think the same but follow through with it.

As for the analogy that has been debated for the last couple pages, I think its a good one that is clearly not on the same scale but similar principles can be applied. Also if you don't think the majority of people are influenced by the sports media you are very wrong. Like Ozy who gave some examples, mine are very similar with friends and family essentially regurgitating what they heard on the news about the Canadiens regardless of how much merit it had. The media should not be underestimated, it is one of the strongest tools in influencing peoples opinions.
Tanguay's just being careful about how he leaves (if he leaves) because he doesn't want to have to deal with Brière level hatred... and Brière didn't even play for us.

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote