View Single Post
Old
04-29-2009, 09:30 AM
smon

vCash: 500
Team definitely needs a player to build around offensively, preferably a centre. Drafting one is easier said than done though, and the team and media environment hasn't been looking too great for player development at the major league level recently. It would probably be best if the team could trade for one, but then whether we have the assets or not comes into play.

As for Lecavalier, he makes sense and seems willing to play here. Plus I doubt more than a couple of other teams aside from the Canadiens can easily accomodate his salary. I don't understand any complaints regarding his cap hit, it's certainly reasonable at 7.7, but the issue is more the 10 year length of the contract. His point totals have gone down, but this guy is definitely not done and I'm not judging him based on a crappy year with a crappy team. Given the little tiff between Gainey and Lawton though, I think the ship's sailed on that one.

And I can't really see much else becoming available. Patrick Marleau? Talk about a floater when it matters.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote