View Single Post
Old
04-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Is all the love for Price really necessary?? I mean....what has he done in his NHL career to prove that he is an elite goalie???
He was awesome last year and awesome this year until he got hurt. Nobody questioned when he was voted to the All-Star team because he was stellar. What's wrong with you?

Quote:
He hasn't done much as far as I'm concerned.
He's barely been in the league. He's 21 for Pete's sake...

Quote:
He may have won in junior and joined a hot Hamilton Bulldogs team and won a Calder Cup with them....but he hasn't proved anything in the NHL yet besides showing that he is a choke artist.
That's a load of BS. He was great until he got hurt, then (along with the rest of the team) he tanked. He wasn't stellar in the playoffs but he wasn't terrible either. He was left out to twist in the wind.
Quote:
I like Price as much as the next guy,
No you don't.
Quote:
but I'm not willing to wait 5 years while he adjusts to the NHL game and starts actually winning games and playing consistant.
He's waaay ahead of where most goalies are at his age. And he's been entirely consistent when healthy. What the hell do you want from this guy? He was .919 save percentage last year and .920 before he got hurt at the end of 2008. He's just fine.
Quote:
Next year, the best thing that could happen to Price and Halak is if they split the regular season games 50/50 and go with the hottest goalie if we make the playoffs.
That's just about the stupidest thing we could possibly do. It erodes his confidence and he doesn't get the experience he needs to become the elite player that he's shown he can be.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:
This whole idea if handing the #1 job to Price before he was ready is ridiculous. Take some of the pressure off him and give Halak the same amount of starts and I'll guarantee that both goalies will have career numbers next season.
He was more than ready. Save us your empty guarantees.

Quote:
But it will never happen. Price will get everything handed to him again and Halak will have to sit on the bench and we'll end up trading Halak and essentially lose out on yet another solid starting goalie because Price had so much hype around him.
He wasn't handed anything. He earned it.

Quote:
We lost Vokoun, Garon and Danis because we never gave them the proper chance to show their stuff and they went on to have success for some other NHL team. The same thing will happen to Halak.
Yeah, Garon and Danis are tearing up the league. Man, I can't beleive we lost those guys. God help us if Halak turns into them.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote