View Single Post
Old
04-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
let's just bring back scotty bowman, larry robinson, roy as goalie coach. anyone else? if we want them here that means they'll come back right?
I don't see why so many posters have to always put words in people mouths and make fun of them for making a valid thread. I didn't say he will be the next d-coach and bring back every other ex hab player to the team.

I like Melanson, and and no Chelios isn't ready for being a head coach and Scotty isn't a bad idea either to have in the organization but he seems to be happy with his son in Chicago...

The Habs have issues to attend to and I just wrote that Chelios would be a good fit in that positions. He may not play next season and I don't see the harm in making him an offer if he want's to continue his career in the NHL after his playing career...

BTW, Chelios owns a restaurant in Detroit. So? He's only working in Montreal.. He can give the responsibilities to Someone else..

NHL career as coach > running a restaurant

Oh and BTW Bowman, Robinson, and Roy ALL did decide to try out coaching after hockey because they loved hockey and wanted to continue a career in the NHL after they were done playing. Chelios looks like a guy who doesn't ever want to stop playing and that is why at 47 he's still in the NHL. I don't see why he won't jump on an opportunity to try and stay in the NHL in some way or another...

Last edited by Belso: 04-30-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Belso is offline   Reply With Quote