Thread: News Article: Tortorella Admits Mistake
View Single Post
Old
04-30-2009, 02:14 PM
NCRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
i love love love torts. but, he screwed the pooch big time for this team and possibly cost us the series with his stupidity.

im not a renney guy, never was. as most of you know by now, i wanted renney gone way before we let him go. i was at the top of the 'fire renney' list all season.

having said that, i think what torts did behind the bench was way worse than what sean avery did on the ice. torts benched sean fvor his undisciplined play- huge error at the time and mistake # 1 made by torts , and in essence torts was "benched" by the league for his actions- mistake #2 by torts.

both of those torts mistakes cost us dearly. he should NOT have benched avery. period. and he should not have lost control on the bench and freaked out on that fan. his benching of avery and his suspension distracted the team and cost us game 4 & 5. unfortunately, that was the series right there. going back to wash tied 3-3 meant we could play our hearts out- we did, and still lose game 7- we did.

i blame john tortorella for the 2 glaring mistakes he made in this series.
This post is spot on, but I'd like to add TWO MORE glaring errors, one hockey related, and one related to the incident. I say the two biggest things that swung the series to Washington were the bottle tossing and Brashear.

The hockey one was not having Colton Orr dressed in Game 6. Even if he wasn't producing anything, he's there to at least try to fire up the emotions after Betts got knocked out. The Rangers lost Game 6 when Blair Betts was taken off the ice, and they didn't respond with anything.

The incident related one is if you read the quote, the refs could have had the moron moved or ejected. That means the refs had to have heard the nonsense coming from behind the bench. Why didn't Torts allow the refs to quell the situation when security wouldn't? Now I think we know why Torts only got a game for something that should have been worth much more. The abuse was most likely noted in the game report.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote