View Single Post
Old
05-01-2009, 06:28 AM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Someone's gotta take the fall for a first round exit like that. Expectations were very high going into this season and it seems like one of the principle reasons that they got booted in the first round was because they weren't hungry enough. Personally that screams coaching issues to me, so I put most of the blame on Stevens. However, you can't excuse the players either and Carter looked to be part of the problem.
I just don't see it like that at all. Aside from the 2nd half of that awful game 6, the team competed very well and was literally inches from going into game 6 with a 3-2 lead. It's hockey, and when you are playing a team as good as the Penguins, it's not always all in your control. We could have won if some more things were done right, but we also could have won if just a few things bounced a different way. That's hockey. I didn't see heartless play in the least

And yeah. If the team, you know, not one or two guys, but everyone comes out like they did in that game 6 collapse, maybe we should be looking at the guy in charge, not Carter.

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote