View Single Post
Old
05-01-2009, 04:34 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
Yeeesh man, how much do you lean over when you skate? Whatever works I guess but a warrior 4 lie Isnt actually a 4 as far as i know. Also a forsberg and smyth patterns are not even close to being similar so the lie might be similar but thats about it
In my experience, the warrior 4 is about Easton 4.75 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
Composite sticks don't break by passing and by shooting(within reason), they break with slashes. What happens is when you hack or get hacked? The stick chips and can begin a hairline crack... then when you shoot or pass, the stick loads up, pressure builds on the already fractured stick and SNAP.

If you are really slamming your stick into the ice, instead of shooting "through" the ice not only are you wasting energy but you're doing damage to your stick. It's a fine line. You'll notice some guys, at any level, will break a lot of sticks and some won't.
Perfectly stated. SLASHES BREAK STICKS. Everyone who complains about sticks constantly breaking has fallen into 1 of 2 branches, 1) poor, very poor shot technique or 2) slashing guys and taking slashes non stop. Sometimes, sticks are badly manufactured and break, like the s17s did right when they got released, but that is rare.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote