Old
09-23-2004, 08:04 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
Yeah, it's me.

I won't be around much beyond December. It's a done deal- I'm going to Iraq with 3 ID and don't know when I'll be back.

For that reason- I'm pretty much transitioning the whole HJ.com duties to our own neelynugs, who has done a great job with some articles and interviews he's conducted to date. Next on the docket: Matt Hunwick.

But, with the OIF III ramp-up and training (just spent 25 days at Ft. Drum conducting Warfighter), I just don't have the time or energy (nor can I justify spending the required time needed to do the job right when I have so many things to do and so little time to do them) to cover the team. For me personally, this lockout is actually coming at a pretty good time. I know that if the team were in the midst of the training camp and preseason, I would have a hard time breaking away.

I have a few days off after my recent deployment to Drum, so I'll be hanging out a bit here, but come Monday- it will be full throttle with all the individual and collective training tasks we have to accomplish before we're wheels up and off to Kuwait, and then Iraq.

This is what I signed up to do. And, I'd love nothing better than to see the Red Sox win it all, and the Pats be well on their way to defending their own world title before I go. It would take a little of the sting away of not having Bruins hockey to watch.

But- thanks for the support. I'm in the 3rd Brigade Combat Team "Sledgehammer Brigade" of the 3rd Infantry Division. You may hear about us over there later on- if so, know that I'm with a first-rate outfit. One of the units who took Baghdad back in April of '03. We know our business pretty well. It's not a great situation to go into, but if you have to go, it's comforting to know that you are assigned to a squared-away outfit.
God Bless you, man- and stay safe. Its people like you who make this Country and World great. When you come back to Mass some day I want you to meet up with me and my bud Jim at a game- I'll treat you can bank on that. Best of luck and we'll miss you, but we'll think of you often.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote