Thread: Örebro HK
View Single Post
Old
05-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
finally a chance to bump this thread again!

alexander täng, defender from boras, is new. not sure what to think about it. not really the calibre i had hoped for. but i might be wrong about täng.

gordie dwyer won't get a new contract and will leave. hmm...as long as they will replace him with another tough guy i'm fine with it.
I have a funny feeling that Jonasen is supposed to provide the muscle in front of the net, something Gordie used to do, but a club needs more than one... Then again, the Andersons were brought in late last season and had to play with the cards dealt to them. Their idea on what and who they need and want to play is certainly different from HH's, so it makes sense that some of the "good old guys" have to go. They are still "good guys" but may not fit in with what Peter and Mozart have in mind for next year. Can't just change the coaching staff and expect results. Bummer though... Gordie was a fan favorite.

Täng... I don't know much about him either. It feels like another hire based on past performance. NA highlighted his past in the U-National Teams and then a quick once over on stops after that. But, I suppose Örebro has to roll their dice a little bit, everyone coming in can't be first liners. A club needs depth as well, and who knows, maybe he gets his jets going in Örebro and turn out to be a marquee guy?

Bofors looks like they could be hurting for next year.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote