View Single Post
Old
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Sorry guys you will simply not convince me that he is worth anywhere close to 6 million a year.I know the guys in the room love him and all but doesn't mean he's worth that much.I wouldn't pay him anything over 4.5 a year.He shouldn't be making more then Markov.

I know he doesn't have the offensive skills but I still think he turns the puck over a lot,makes a lot of mistakes on the other team's blue line which causes many odd man rushes the other way.

Again I like Mike and wanna see him stay a Hab and 1 day retire here but no where near 6 million a year especially with the cap going down possibly after next season.
with a new guideline, tougher practices, better pace, better puckmovement, I think Komi will be just fine.. Look at Chara, he wasnt the most gifted with the puck, was taking some bad decisions at time, but having a good teacher like Julien around changed his approach, he became a way better defenseman over the last 2 years, so there's still room for improvement regarding Komi, will never become one of the best puckmovers out there but Im confident he will bring that area of the game at another level.. Its a matter of playing well collectively, supporting each other, everything we failed to see from this team this year, so as I said, with a new guideline, Komi will be fine and we will see how important he is for this team..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote