View Single Post
Old
05-05-2009, 03:48 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Since Jones got a pass for being hurt, why cant Carter?
Who is giving Jones a pass for being hurt?

Quote:
the argument of Kimmo only have one point, can be attributed to the fact that he was more worried about trying to shut down Crosby/Malkin then putting up points. He didnt do amazing at it, but he didnt do that bad of a job.
Didn't do that bad of a job???? At the end of the first round, Crosby and Malkin were atop the league in playoff scoring.

Quote:
players like Richards, Carter and Kimmo (might as well add in Gags cause you seem to dont like him either) actually do things during games, might not be constantly, but for the most part they make things happen.
Only against the little sisters of the poor or teams that aren't world beaters. Match them up under pressure against a team with world class players like the Pens and it's Fail-o-Rama.

Quote:
Like I stated before, countlessly, Carcillo ONLY on the fourth line and Jones ONLY on the third pairing (with alot less money), I would be totally happy.
I understand that reasoning.

He played well last year and had a great playoffs. Maybe they paid him well because they saw him as a second pairing guy. He held his own quite nicely when Timonen and Coburn were out last Spring.

I think you need to note that Jones may have wound up as a overpaid third pairing guy because he was injured. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Earlier this year he fell down like five times in ten games and people here shouted: "SEE??? HE SUCKS SO BAD - HE FALLS DOWN!!!!" as if anyone can make it to the NHL with skating skills so poor that they trip over their own feet.

If you'd be happy with Jones "ONLY on the third pairing (with alot less money)", then you are an outlier here. For nearly everyone else it's a senseless jihad and it's stupid.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote