View Single Post
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
Then it's probably a good thing you'll never be a supervisor.

If the equipment is being used in a manner other than what it was designed for, and in my opinion it's a danger to others on the ice, it's not going to be on the ice. Anyone who puts their ego ahead of the safety of the kids playing the game doesn't need to be anywhere near the game, so stay behind your keyboard and off the ice. But you can dream.
How can you say "you'll never be a supervisor" when you have no idea who you're talking to? By no means do I have a recognizable name, I am a supervisor. I have also been on the ice up to Jr.A.

How is holding your stick in the manner described (upside down) a safety issue? That's what you can't defend with the rulebook.

If I was supervising a game where the referee made the call you are trying unsuccessfully to defend, here is what I would point out to him...

The Broken Stick rule states that a broken stick is a stick that is, in the opinion of the referee, unfit for play. By disallowing this goal, you're not deeming the stick unfit for play, you're deeming the action of using the stick unfit for play, which would be incorrectly applying the rule.

Also, this rule is not the rule you should be applying in this situation. The goals and assists rule states that a goal shall be scored when the puck shall have been put between the goal posts by the stick of a player of the attacking team. It doesn't say how the stick should be held by the attacking player.

Last edited by Stripes: 05-05-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote