View Single Post
Old
05-05-2009, 11:51 PM
beerman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Here's a thread from a couple of weeks ago about team needs and possible additions/subtractions and such:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=631999

As far as tactical/strategic changes, I don't think they need to change much. The team just has to execute better. Improve communication between defensemen and backcheckers, pass more accurately, clear the puck out of the defensive zone more confidently, etc. If this team gets on a roll, and starts playing consistently well for entire games, they're going to be tough to beat.
thanks for the link, i'll read through it in a bit

So does it go without being said, or is it just me, that we would be a better team with a Tkachuk on the wing as opposed to Fleischmann? or maybe a skilled D with more edge than Poti or Pothier such as Derek Morris? The arguement being that these are players with somewhat similar skill levels but more physical.

Keep in mind I am giving Fleischmann a significant amount of respect as far as his skill. I also understand that there may be no noticeable difference in stats or even team record during the Regular Season in this hypothetical swap of players, but that might be exactly the point I am trying to make. I'm thinking that it would be in the playoffs where I believe the different player COULD and quite possibly WOULD make a difference in our team record. The old playoff's are different than Reg Season adage.

In fairness to Fleischmann maybe a more realistic comparison would be a Torres, Umberger, Upshall, etc. Interestingly, this would bring in the possible argument that there would be too much of a drop in speed/skill and would actually adversely affect the team. I'm open to that arguement.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish Fleischmann was just a little stronger and meaner.

beerman is offline   Reply With Quote