View Single Post
Old
05-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Gino 14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
How can you say "you'll never be a supervisor" when you have no idea who you're talking to? By no means do I have a recognizable name, I am a supervisor. I have also been on the ice up to Jr.A.

How is holding your stick in the manner described (upside down) a safety issue? That's what you can't defend with the rulebook.

If I was supervising a game where the referee made the call you are trying unsuccessfully to defend, here is what I would point out to him...

The Broken Stick rule states that a broken stick is a stick that is, in the opinion of the referee, unfit for play. By disallowing this goal, you're not deeming the stick unfit for play, you're deeming the action of using the stick unfit for play, which would be incorrectly applying the rule.

Also, this rule is not the rule you should be applying in this situation. The goals and assists rule states that a goal shall be scored when the puck shall have been put between the goal posts by the stick of a player of the attacking team. It doesn't say how the stick should be held by the attacking player.
Glad you were able to think up all those credentials, they add so much to your credibility. People on the internet never overstate their qualifications just to try and impress their point, so you really must be just as good as you say you are. A legend in your own mind.

Quote:
(Note) A broken stick is one that, in the opinion of the
Referee, is unfit for normal play.
That rule is all I need to support my arguement, and until you can show me a rule or a ruling that is more specific, I'll stand behind it. Normal play does not have players using their sticks butt end down. And please, don't ever let common sense and solid judgement enter into your thought process, let alone the safety of the players on the ice. Let your ego be your guide.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote