vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Tkachuk had a $4 mil cap hit this year.
Torres $2.25 mil
Umberger $3.75 mil
Upshall $1.225 mil

Fleischmann $.725 mil

So sure in an uncapped world any of those guys would likely be a better fit given that the Caps already have quite a few high end skill guys. But that isn't the case. For that kind of money Fleischmann is a fantastic secondary scoring option and he is signed for next year at the same amount. So if you want a guy who not only gives secondary scoring but also a grittier game then figure out a way to take that extra money from somewhere else in the lineup and decide whether it is worth it or not, and simply saying deal Nylander or Theodore doesn't count because that is much easier said than done
After watching these two games against the Pens, the one thing I was left wanting was a Dman who will honestly clear the crease, reliably , not just once in a blue moon. Green was hideous at that in game 2 and let Sid have a hat trick because of his timidness or confusion around the crease. In ether case, you're allowed to play the body and check the puck, but Green does neither around the crease.

So if I would add or change anything I'd find a Mark Tinordi type to pair with Green to help clean up that mess. Erskine is playing well, but he's all that we have as far as that goes. Juice has been stepping up his physical play, but we need at least three serious physical Dmen to pair with our three soft puck movers.

kicksavedave is offline   Reply With Quote