View Single Post
Old
05-06-2009, 04:32 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
It actually can even out pretty quickly. Carlson gets a year of development (rushing defensemen often backfires). I think Mo, Fehr, Bourque, etc., should be packaged for Grabovski and Ponikarovsky, that should solve the #2 center issue for a long time and possibly the RW issue as well. Steckel and Laich definitely are a good checking line nucleus, but I think we need someone more consistent and gifted than Bradley for it to be a real threat. I'd be all for bringing up Osala to fill that void, or having Ponikarovsky there if Kozlov is retained. Nylander and Schultz may be attractive commodities for Florida or Atlanta, but we're likely stuck with Nylander. I don't think we really need an enforcer if we have a bunch of bangers and middleweights like Erskine, Beagle, Bradley and a weaponized clark.

My ideal forward lineup for next year:

Ovechkin Backstrom Kozlov
Semin Grabovski Fleischmann
Laich Steckel Ponikarovsky (also a 1st or 2nd line option)
Clark Beagle Bradley

Gordon, Fedorov (moved in in case of injury or for D sometimes)
Boy, umm....no.

1. McPhee and Boudreau like the Hershey Bear Championship nature of their hockey team. You can see without looking too closely that Boudreau sees this team developing as a championship team along the same lines as the Hershey team. Neither are going to ask for an infusion of failed Toronto theory in areas where the Caps are not needy. Meaning I could see a trade for Kaberle or even Kubina, but no chance they use assets for forwards.

2. McPhee has said repeatedly that he wants to using his system to fill whereever possible. He can not callup experience and a veteran player might be acquired or even two, if say Fedorov were to retire. Bourque is the leading scorer in Hershey this playoffs. He is cheap and part of the same plan that Laich, Gordon, Steckel, Fleischmann, and Fehr are. He plays here first. Certainly before an expensive veteran like Poni plays here.

3. Fedorov never agrees to sign as an extra player. Period. Maybe you haven't noticed but he is centering the first line.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote