View Single Post
Old
05-06-2009, 07:04 PM
CUBErt

vCash: 500
Building the team for next season should be very interesting. No reason to worry too much about will this or that contract get done, because the Caps can pretty much afford to lose any free agent (RFA or UFA) this summer. I'm mildly concerned about GMGM overpaying someone slightly, but other than that I don't think there is much risk of him messing this up. The biggest bonus would be to get rid of Nylander/Theo/Clark, but it's not like the team will be in cap hell if they stay. Just a very nice situation to be in with lots of options.

I terms of potentially bringing someone in, I'm still into the Pronger idea, but only for the right price. Other than that, an interesting idea would be to get rid of Nylander and Fedorov (unless he takes a biggish pay cut) and bring in Saku Koivu for a few years. I'm not one to usually pimp Finnish players, but this guy is a great leader, playoff player and person who could really help the Caps as a second line center. I have no idea if this would be a possible move, just throwing it out there. I assume Koivu would have interest in the Caps because of the contender status, if for no other reason. Saku will turn 35 this fall, so he doesn't have much time left to win that Cup.

CUBErt is offline   Reply With Quote