View Single Post
Old
05-07-2009, 09:34 AM
EmptyNetter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave77digger View Post
I never thought I would be THAT GUY to confront another parent. But that is where the blame lies, not with the child. I am still very angry and will more than likely contact the rink and complain. May just edit this post and mail it to the rink managers.

Any thoughts or opinions? I am still VERY angry about this. I honestly wanted to tear this guys head off for being such a *****. I havnt shaved since I was in Iraq, sporting my Pens playoff beard... I must have looked like the crazed parent and not him.

Great post and I think you handled it perfectly. Most important points IMO are that a) his son is only doing what his old man tells him to do, and b) this dad should not be allowed in the rink.

Definitely follow through with contacting the rink manager. If other parents have all had talks about this guy I'm sure a lot of the kids on the ice have been knocked around, too. Frankly I'd be concerned that there's not enough supervision from the coaches that this would be tolerated.

No offense, buddhahat, but I've got to disagree with your position. While the kids may not be physically hurt by getting knocked around they shouldn't be bullied. The kids who can't take it will quit and the ones who can take it learn bad lessons about hitting and intimidation. That there's a range of ages from 4-12 on the ice the coaches should be much more aware of, and prepared to handle, this kind of thing.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote