View Single Post
Old
05-07-2009, 02:40 PM
KingsCrown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
My point was to show you that we should either use the pick at the draft or trade it for a proven player. My point was meant for THIS season. It goes to our needs, not to what's available at the draft.

Your point regarding drafting the best player, rather than on needs nullifies your entire proposal, in that you're clearly striving to draft a particular player by moving up 2 spots. Why else would you do this deal if this is not the case? I'm guessing you want Duchene? Again, that's not necessarily the best option.

I'm confident DL will be focused on addressing needs in the off-season.
Im confident in DL's decision as well. I posted this because we have the picks and assets available to move up if we wanted to, and Duchene is a tier up from what Kane/Schenn/MPS are projected. Any one of them can be a superstar in this league, but the concensus is Duchene is above those other three guys and to be able to draft him by not giving up any of our blue chip prospects, to me it is worth it. Again just my opinion as I respect yours. BPA available would be Duchene after JT and Hedman.

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote