Old
05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Saved*

vCash: 500
Product: Nike Bauer Vapor XXIX 8.5 EE
Reviewer specs:
Intro
20 male, 5'11. On the ice 1-3 times a week

I've had great experience with Reebok skates, but needed something higher end. The XXIX is a SMU of the XXX skate

Fit

Out of the box, the fit was amazing. There was absolutely no pressure points anywhere, and the fit was tight. I have a wide foot, and it accommodated it immediately. I then tried them with some Superfeet in, and it was as if it took the fit to another level! I noticed the heel was literally locked in and the fit was perfect. Out of the box was great, and after being baked, even better.

Blade/Holder

I always felt like my old skates were great, but the blades were kind of low end. I noticed an immediate difference switching to the LS2. My edges held better, and overall skating was much easier.

Protection

This is not an issue whatsoever.

Weight

Very light skate. I notice my acceleration is much faster, due in part to the skate as well as the blade being more to my liking.

Conclusion

They're great. The first skating session, it definitely took a bit to get used to. They were very stiff and well, it took a bit to get used to that as well. I had a bit of a blister on one toe but it was due to the socks I was using, not my normal socks.

I wore them with my normal socks for a game I had a few days later, and voila. Perfect. Felt great, almost as if they were already broken in. I only used them for maybe 1 hour at that time.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote