View Single Post
Old
05-07-2009, 06:27 PM
FLYLine27
BrassGod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
Ya...its an old school move...(you shoot left, yes?). Like I said...it used to be a favorite of mine...nowadays though...I find that the transition from my forehand to my backhand either A) Takes too long and the goalie gets across...leaving me with NOTHING...or...B) The puck will all too often roll up on me or skip as I pull it across and PLUS...there is always the threat of a poke check anytime you take the puck scross the front of your body.

I guess its still a good move to use...but there are too many things that can go wrong IMO.

EDIT: LOL...now Im in your head and your NEVER going to score with it anymore!
Yup shoot left.

Haha, well when going through players on the ice my best deke is quickly going from forehand to backhand around a player, very effective since I can time when they go for a poke check or step up a bit.... problem is the other team figures out my pretty much one deke by the 2nd period, not the greatest when it comes to dangling through players (more speed to get around players then trying to pull a Pavel Datsyuk on them). So I guess I would say a reason why that move works so well in the shootout/PS is because I can quickly get it to my backhand.

But if I miss the next time I have a shootout or a breakaway....im coming back here and blaming you!

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote