12- Jacques Lemaire
13- Kirk Muller*
14- Patrick Roy
15- Michel Therrien
16- Guy Carbonneau
17- Barry Melrose**

* Their French probably disqualifies them
** Joke

Am I forgetting anyone?? To me, it sounds more like a battle between the 2 former Avs coaches, and I like both.

My 3rd favorite candidate would be Dany Dubé, even if he has no NHL experience. He's definitely a good hockey head, but I doubt Gainey knows who he is.

I like Guy Boucher for the Bulldogs. I don't know if Lever is to blame for the young players problems, but Boucher could bring some "discipline"...

Oh come on, Dubé was coaching Team Canada something like 15 years ago, I'm sure Gainey KNOWs who Dubé is. He was even pissed when André Savard passed on him for coaching position for the Habs. I'm sure Gainey heard about THAT.

Dubé is a good commentator because he did coach and has a good common sense, yet that doesn't make him a candidate. Not ONE team has ever hired him and there is probably a reason for this. You know, there are other teams than Montreal in this league and Dubé hasn't been doing much in terms of coaching professionals in the last decade.

And about Lever, I've heard that he does speak French, so who cares if he has to take up one class over the summer to be better at it.

Also, Jacques Martin is the GM of the Panthers, so nix him from the list.

My list is way shorter :

1- Robinson
2- Lever
3- Hartley
4- Crawford
5- Lemaire (won't come here though, although he could always change his mind, it happened to Larry.)
6- Savard
7- Roy

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote