View Single Post
Old
05-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Stripes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
So I have to ask, if you aren't looking for credibility why did you even bother to bring your "credentials" up? They mean as much to me as your opinion.
To show that I'm not some random person talking without experience, and to show that I know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
I don't have issues when the person telling me I'm wrong can back up what they are saying, you can't.
So pointing out the fact that you're wrongly applying the Broken Stick rule, because it only allows you to judge a stick unfit for play and pointing out the fact that there are rules governing how players can use their sticks, is NOT backing up what I am saying? Whatever.

Quote:
Your reasoning is that just because the rules don't specifically state that the stick can't be used upside down for play is reason enough. Nice sound reasoning. Send me a ruling from USAH that supports you and I'll change my way, until then, you're full of yourself and more.
It is sound reasoning. You can't make up your own rules, and since the Broken Stick rule only allows you to judge the actual stick to be unfit for play, you are making up your own rule with this. Our job as referees is to base our judgments on what is written in the book.

Is holding the stick upside down against the rules? No. I don't need a ruling from a governing body to understand the rulebook, and it doesn't make me "full of myself". If you need it, you go get it.

You have yet to attempt to defend your assertion that a stick being held upside down is a safety issue. It's not.

Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote