View Single Post
Old
05-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Price was definitely rushed. Making the jump from junior to the NHL is a huge jump and he wasn't ready for it....and especially this season, he showed that big time. If he was truly ready for the NHL, he would have had a great season for use this year instead of failing like he did. I could understand his stuggles last season because it was his first full season, but this season was unacceptable and proved that he was rushed.

Price played some great hockey for us, he had a couple of hot streaks but he also had some cold streaks when we needed him the most....and that spells inexperienceto me!!! Price had a hard time handling all the pressure and attention this season and he played rotten down the stretch because of it.
He didn't play hard enough in the Boston series and let in some very soft goals. If a goaltender is ready to play in the NHL....he plays big when the team needs him.
See, you don't understand. Re-read my post and you'll see that of course he isn't ready to be a starter, but when he'd normally be ready, he's going to be in the upper echelon of starting goalies.

They rushed hi mso they didn't have to work out a new contract with Huet so that they could have their long term fix in net when he's gone.

It might not look great now, but if the organisation feels he can go through the rough patches and turn himself into a better player, then they made the good long term decision.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote