View Single Post
Old
05-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Mad Habber

vCash: 500
I don't think anyone was "rushed".

After you dominate at one level, it is time to move on to the next. That's what John Tavares' father argued to fastrack his son to the OHL as an underager, and he won his case.

O'Byrne was a top defenseman in the AHL when he got the call up. Last year he looked alright, no superstar but he looked like a rookie with potential. This year, his responsibility were increased and he didn't fare as well, but looked better in the end, which is normal for most players. He'll be better next year I bet.

Price absolutely dominated the AHL in his short stint. He didn't belong there except for a conditioning stint. Sure he has a problem with attitude or dedication or good judgment off the ice. Heck get on here at midnight tonight, and there will be more than a few people typing drunk messages and those same people will condemn Price for drinking at some point throughout the season. This is where he is and has to learn. He's proven he can handle the AHL shooters. He's proven he can handle NHL shooters. Now he has to prove he can handle the NHL lifestyle and to my knowledge, you only learn that in the NHL not the AHL.

Guys coming in and dominating the NHL is the exception, not the rule. Most need time to adjust and learn. The AHL is filled with all-stars who can't play in the NHL.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote