View Single Post
Old
05-08-2009, 01:31 PM
MonacoBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbanator76 View Post
Are you insinuating that you want to keep this bunch together next year? I don't know, but I personnally want Gainey to change the face of this team as much as possible. We've been an inconsistent, small, non-physical and intimidated team for way too long. We're going absolutely nowhere as it stands.
Change the face of the team? Change doesn't mean improvement unless you actually improve something. Get Havlat or Gaborik? Fine. But Antropov doesn't represent an improvement.

And the Habs are not an intimidated team. They're not scared of anyone. I doubt our players **** their pants thinking about other players or anything like that. It's just that our team doesn't initiate contact, but that doesn't mean they're scared. Have you ever watched a Detroit game? They rarely hit anyone. Once a while, Kronwall or Stuart step up for a hit, but that's it. Or Datsyuk in the right situation will throw a hit. But that doesn't mean they're scared. It's just not their game. Chicago only has one line that plays physical: the 4th line. It's not playing physical that wins you games. It's scoring goals.

Sure, Detroit has more talent, but that's the point. The Habs should be trying to be like Detroit. They should be looking to add talent and improve their skill. They shouldn't be getting guys like Antropov who present no improvement except being big.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote