View Single Post
Old
05-08-2009, 08:32 PM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyline View Post
I remember Henderson mainly as a LW. He played for years as a LW on the Henderson-ullman-xxxxx line. I know he did play a little RW & he was a right hand shot.
I was always under the impression that Henderson played RW in the show. Of course, he played the best hockey of his life at LW, in 1972 on a line with Bobby Clarke and Ronnie Ellis.

If he did play mostly LW, then we're kicking ourselves, because we probably take Henderson ahead of Lonsberry. We like Lonsberry. But raleh and I are both Henderson fans. (One of the biggest thrills of my career came two months into my time in Estevan, when I got to interview Henderson).

Now that I've been able to take several guys at or near the top of my "always wanted him" list - Richard, Clapper, Boucher, Goring, Bourne, Lonsberry and O'Reilly - and a few players I haven't had since forming the tandem with raleh - Linden, Fleury and Brewer are guys we've always wanted to get - Henderson is near the top of my "always wanted him" list.

Broten was a great pick. When formulating the list for our 13th Fs, he was the one who stood out the most for offensive ability.

Good to see Getliffe in the ATD. Solid hockey player. Very good hockey sense. Good enough to be a left wing on a two-way line. He also played centre, but let's face it - there's more depth at centre than LW.

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote