seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
now will seventieslord go back to Daigle1
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
I was always under the impression that Henderson played RW in the show. Of course, he played the best hockey of his life at LW, in 1972 on a line with Bobby Clarke and Ronnie Ellis.

If he did play mostly LW, then we're kicking ourselves, because we probably take Henderson ahead of Lonsberry. We like Lonsberry. But raleh and I are both Henderson fans. (One of the biggest thrills of my career came two months into my time in Estevan, when I got to interview Henderson).

Now that I've been able to take several guys at or near the top of my "always wanted him" list - Richard, Clapper, Boucher, Goring, Bourne, Lonsberry and O'Reilly - and a few players I haven't had since forming the tandem with raleh - Linden, Fleury and Brewer are guys we've always wanted to get - Henderson is near the top of my "always wanted him" list.

Broten was a great pick. When formulating the list for our 13th Fs, he was the one who stood out the most for offensive ability.
It was my mistake. I'm sure Raleh is right. Henderson was mostly a RW.

Broten was a good pick right now. Not as good as Weight, mind you, but good.

He's the guy I was 95% sure I wanted until I took one last look at weight. The only edge I saw for Broten was two more finals appearances which gave him an even more extensive playoff record. Weight's a better passer, neither can really score goals that well, and they have the same two-way game... Weight has better size and grit, though.

Maybe you had Weight pegged as a 3rd/4th line center and not a 13th F, otherwise you'd have to have him ahead of Broten, right?

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote