Thread: Austria: Austrians abroad
View Single Post
Old
09-27-2004, 11:57 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

vCash: 500
I found an article with a bit on Nodl. Probably nothing new to most of you but I figured I'd post it here anyway...

Quote:
Nodl is a native of Vienna, Austria. Nodl played on Weiner Eisloven-Verein in Austria last season. He posted 37 points in 25 games, including 15 goals. He did all of this while playing alongside players who were in their 30s and 40s.

Nodl ended up in Sioux Falls thanks to the recommendation of friend and former Stampede player, Thomas Vanek, who recently signed with the Buffalo Sabres.

"Our parents are friends and he told me that maybe I could play here with the Stampede so I came to the tryout and now I'm here," Nodl said. "I am very happy to be learning this style of the game here."

Nodl reflects the commitment all the Stampede players make to play in the USHL. He hopes to play college hockey in America and is looking forward to the training that he will get on the ice and in the classroom.

"It is difficult for me with school right now because I am learning more English and studying for class," Nodl said.
Link

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote