View Single Post
Old
05-09-2009, 02:44 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I don't think Fisher is going to have any value at the draft (because of the contract) but I also think he is getting sold a little short in this discussion. And, as an Islander fan, I'd take Fisher before Kaberle, who Leaf fans seem to think is going to get them Hedman.

Oh, and I think Ponikarovsky has been about as good in the last season as Toronto fans are claiming. I'd go so far as to say that he is one of the more underrated players in the conference.
look at the allegiances of all the posters replying. It's quite obvious why.

Poni is a bargain, but that doesnt make fisher a bad deal. I still think fisher is paid fair salary for what he normally does, which is 20-20 + 150 hits. He had an off season this year, but so did the entire team. I dont want to trade him because of one bad season, and i certainly dont want to trade him as a salary dump and move down in the draft as a result of that.

While i doubt fisher has much draft value, as teams dont bring on that kind of salary with just draft picks, Fisher definately still has trade value to many teams, as long as they can match salary in the trade.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote