Thread: Proposal: Philadelphia - Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
05-09-2009, 10:02 PM
mm6492

vCash: 500
This trade does not work out for teams on either side, as they do not make god trade partners in this scenario

But for all of those who say "well Giroux was pick #22", who cares at this point. Where was Datsyuk drafted??? Many consider him the 3rd best player in teh world right now.

A players draft position does not matter if he has far exceeded it.

Looking back at the '06 draft, I would take Giroux over Stall everyday of the week and Stall was the #2 pick in the draft. Stall may devlop into a very good player one day, but I would still take Giroux.

Before the '06 draft, Giroux signed with the Gatineau Olympiques and scored 39 goals and recored 64 assits for a total of 103 points in only 69 games. In 2008, Giroux scored scored 51 points in 19 playoff games in the QMJHL.

Giroux has dominated every level of hockey he has played. I bet you at least 10-15 teams are regretting that they passed on him.

I do not care how deep this draft is, teh potential for a bust is still large. Draft picks are a uncertain thing in teh NHL. AFter watching teh playoffs, and teh last 40 games, Giroux is not a uncertain thing.

The Flyers are in cap trouble. Why would we trade a young stud who is making under 1 mil per year

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote