View Single Post
Old
05-10-2009, 01:16 AM
vokiel
Registered Settler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
Exactly! exactly what we said with Hainsey, Beauchemin, Streit (average on D) ... are players are gaining experience here and succeeding elsewhere because people can't live with the fact that it takes stars to develop stars and it takes time to develop project and where you draft a guy from high school like Obyrne... you need lots of time.
Beauchemin had a glorious total of 1 game with the habs so I wouldn't really use him as comparison and as far as Hainsey goes, he's still -infinity, so I really don't know how valuable those comparisons are. Streit is probably your best point of reference.

The problem is most people are tired of that, which axes patience. I'd rather draft players with high skills and then patch up whatever they are missing than draft damn projects all the time and hope they become the next Bobby Orr. (WTF)

I don't think we drafted O'Byrne thinking he was going to be top pairing and that's where the comparisons fall flat. Somewhere fans forgot that Obi was just supposed to be our #4 or #5 dman and that was just bad for him.

It's all about expectations here.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote