View Single Post
Old
05-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
1) I don't support the OP's trade proposal.

2) Ottawa has Spezza, Heatley, Alfie... and there are no 2nd liners (ES 2nd liners/PP 2nd unit players) that I would trade Volchenkov for from the perspective of the piece of **** goaltending we've received from our goalies for the past 2 seasons. So what was your point about Philly going into next season with more offensive depth and worse goaltending?... Because I could have sworn that you just told us that a 50 point player is worth more than the leading shotblocker (per game) in the NHL in front of **** goaltending.
I don't recall saying anything about going into the season with more depth and worse goaltending. I don't know where you got that from.

I don't think you understand so let me try this again. The proposal is an overpayment from Ottawa. But as for next year, and most likely the year after, its just swapping Giroux for Volchenkov which won't necessarily make us a better team. Giroux was our best player in the playoffs, and even took over the #1 center spot before the end of the season on a team with Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, and Danny Briere. We don't have anyone else on our team with his vision and playmaking ability. He is our most creative forward already, and he is only goin to get better. We can get a player comparable to Volchenkov but most likely not quite as good without having to give up Giroux. Most Flyers fans, myself included, would rather get a player maybe not quite as good as Volchenkov if it means keeping Giroux. A Flyers team with Giroux and another solid defensemen is better than a Flyers team without Giroux and with Volchenkov. At least IMO.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote