View Single Post
Old
05-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbui72 View Post
Hehehe, call me a realist and the voice of reason. Trying to make an honest observation and point that we have not seen his true potential yet and that we have a real gem.

I am not knocking Backstrom at all. I am sooooooo glad he is on our team and thank god for him and OV. I really love the kid, in a admiration and fatherly way.

I am just saying he has not reached his potential yet and when he does, he will be so good that I think he wont be eclipsed by Semin, AO, Crosby, or Malkin. Showing up to camp +20 pounds heavier on fat, that just takes more more games to take off.

This kid has so much going for him. If he worked on his skating and conditioning during the off season, he probably would not have a slow start like he did. His board work already one of the best on the team would also be even better.

So don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be a negative nancy and just saying he is really good and we have not even seen his best.
A couple of pictures and Lisa Hillary doesn't confirm that Backstrom showed up 20 pounds overweight. I highly doubt he would show up that out of shape.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote