View Single Post
Old
05-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Someone

vCash: 500
Lecavalier, Richards, Jovanovski, Bergeron and Dumont could all probably be moved fairly easy, and I'm sure I'm missing a few from that list. There are plenty of teams that would love to add Lecavalier and Bergeron, and unless I'm missing something, 3 years at $4 for a first line winger in Dumont is good value. Richards and Jovo are overpaid, but their contracts are almost finished, and there are certainly teams that are after similar players, and would probably be willing to pay the money to better their teams.

Hell, guys like Gomez, Briere, Campbell, Smyth and Dipietro could probably be moved. It might mean taking back another big contract, but there were other teams bidding on these guys in free agency, they probably would still be willing to take them if they could offload another bad contract and don't have to give up anything significant. In Dipietro's case, the guy has proven he's worth the coin, providing he can stay healthy. There could very well be teams out there that feel he's worth the risk.

Someone is offline   Reply With Quote