View Single Post
05-11-2009, 11:14 AM
vCash: 500
Ok it's time I actually chime in here with my reasoning.

What you want is a Cross Trainer with a leather/full leather upper. You will want something that is going to offer you lateral support. I like to think of it as a proper cross trainer will allow you to go from point A to point B and then guess what? Go to C, D, and E. For your purpose, that's what you need.

If you're looking for a hiker that has good grip (as the poster above stated, he uses Merrel's)

While it may work for him, go with Helly Hansen. Helly Hansen has a material they created called Storm Grip. It is the type of outsole they would use on fishing boats in the Alaskan waters. Furthermore, anything built with Helly Tech has a lifetime warranty. They also make cross trainers, so you'll get the best of both worlds.

Last, but the best, is probably Nike Free Trainer 7.0. I use a pair for Floor Hockey and they're probably the best I've used. I've been selling footwear since I was 16 years old, get pretty good deals (pro deals through manufacturers etc) and these are what I use.

If you want something that is going to be extremely comfortable as well (As the 7.0's, while very comfortable, aren't good for wearing for say.. 4 or 5 hours at a time) try the Saucony Grid Endure. Probably one of the most comfortable shoes you'll ever wear if you can get it to fit. While it's technically a running shoe, the upper is more akin to a cross trainer, and you won't have to worry about any loss of lateral support and stability.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote