View Single Post
Old
05-11-2009, 02:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Too late, unless there's a new owner and habs management is fired! (plainly fired) forget about it. They'll never admit they made a mistake regardless of the nationality of the player.

Big inflated heads.
Seems a bit rash to be calling it a mistake since both goalies aren't out of juniors yet. Granted it doesn't look very good right now since Mayer has struggled with his consistency (at least in the games I saw) but who's to say he won't be the better goalie prospect in time? I wouldn't take that bet but I don't see the harm in waiting to see how it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Do we need another goalie ?

If he is still available after the 5th round, why not, but ...

I am more mad at the Bruins getting Riendeau and the Avs getting that other guy from Shawinigan (McNicoll ?).
Yes and No. I don't think it would hurt to get another goalie prospect, but at the same time I don't think it's a major need outside the fact that none of our goalie prospects seem to have much upside. Desjardins seems to be the best of the bunch but I'd wait till he's at least had a full year or two as a starter in the AHL.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs draft Jean-Francois Berube, never saw him play but people I know that scout the Q have spoken highly of him as a possible steal due to his limited playing time this year.

As for Riendeau, I don't see the big deal. I like what I've seen from Masse. McNicol would have been a nice pickup as well, but so was Desharnais, Desjardins and Beauregard.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote