View Single Post
Old
05-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Pardon me, but you are out of your mind. Harding can walk as an RFA with a 2nd rounder for compensation at $2.6 million per. Why on Earth would a team give up a 1st for a 4th and him and then still have to sign him? That is ludicrous.
You're assuming that Minnesota wouldn't match any offer up to $2.6M. Now if any club like Philly offers higher than that it may be a different story. But that'll cost you a first and a third. I don't think that Minnesota will just let Harding(a fmr 2nd rounder that has shown significant progress) to walk just for another 2nd round pick to start all over with. There will not be many goalies available via free agency that are going to be better than Harding. Khabibulin(assuming Chi doesn't find a way to sign him short term) and Fernandez(who I don't think is better than Hards). So even if Minny does have to re-sign Harding I still think demand greatly outweighs supply. So even if other GMs know that we are a little more desperate to move Harding in the offseason, we will still be able to deal from a position of strength. So if Philly isn't willing to deal, I'm sure that Colorado, LA, or Edmonton(who gave us a 1st for Roli a few years back) would give us a call.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote