Thread: Proposal: Philly TB Minn
View Single Post
Old
05-11-2009, 11:40 PM
ELab2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
You're assuming that Minnesota wouldn't match any offer up to $2.6M. Now if any club like Philly offers higher than that it may be a different story. But that'll cost you a first and a third. I don't think that Minnesota will just let Harding(a fmr 2nd rounder that has shown significant progress) to walk just for another 2nd round pick to start all over with. There will not be many goalies available via free agency that are going to be better than Harding. Khabibulin(assuming Chi doesn't find a way to sign him short term) and Fernandez(who I don't think is better than Hards). So even if Minny does have to re-sign Harding I still think demand greatly outweighs supply. So even if other GMs know that we are a little more desperate to move Harding in the offseason, we will still be able to deal from a position of strength. So if Philly isn't willing to deal, I'm sure that Colorado, LA, or Edmonton(who gave us a 1st for Roli a few years back) would give us a call.
the most likely scenario if a team offered him $2.6mil is that Minny would threaten to match and the work out a trade. You can't pay a backup $2.6mil in a cap world, it's just not a smart move.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote