View Single Post
Old
05-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Soooo. . . are the Wild going to pay Harding $2.6 million, or are they going to try to trade him? Why would a team overpay if they won't match at that level, which is 2nd round compensation?
I don't know what the Wild are going to do. I'm just saying that I think they are going to try an get more than a break even on their original 2nd round investment they made when they drafted him. I would hope that our future GM isn't even looking at a draft pick as there primary recoup for him, but is looking more for a scoring winger, like Wolski. Have a scenario like Elab2 said with a offer sheet match and trade deal. I'm just saying that I think any offer sheet tendered up to the $2.6M/2nd rd comp threshold will get matched, and Harding one way or the other will be moved. Offer him $2.7M and we get a 1st and 3rd, then that is a whole new ballgame. For goalies it is going to be a seller's market, and I have no worries that there won't be a team willing to take on a $2.6M goalie with high potential off of our hands for fair return value. Numerous scenarios can happen. Ideally I want to see a player that can help us immediately in return, but not my decision.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote