View Single Post
Old
05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
Hi, just got a $100 gift card to my local hockey shop. I already have an Easton Sc2 Forsberg Senior, but I had to cut it down a lot and the flex is way over 100. Plus, I wasn't a big fan of that particular blade, not open enough or a big enough curve. Here are some things I'm looking for in a new stick, maybe you experts can help.
Intermediate Stick. I'm a smaller guy and would probably have to cut down the intermediate stick an inch to get it at the proper spot for me. That's why a 65 flex would be great for me, considering I'm 145 lbs.

The Forsberg stick I'm using now always wears down on the heel of the blade, so I take that to mean I need a lower lie. Problem is, it's a lie of 5 and I can't find anything lower. I guess that means I like to carry the puck out far in front of me or I have a serious skating flaw lol.

Blade Pattern- I don't really know a lot about this, and wanted your guys opinion. I felt that the Forsberg pattern I had was too closed and too straight, not letting me get the most out of my shot. I'm looking for something a little more open, with more curve on it.

Sorry for the long post and If you're still reading I appreciate it. I know it's a tall task but if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.
forsberg curves suck. imo, if you need a lower lie then a 5, i would adjust your skating a bit. im sure it works for some guys, like pros, but its kind of unorthodox imo. keep yout back straighter would be my advice.

i really like the sakic curve. its a mid, open, buts its a 5.5 lie.

lets look at the 5 lie blades since i think anything higher you probably wont like

n easton, you could try a heatly. its a bit like the forsberg but more open and a bit deeper curve

warriors lie's run a bit different, im exactly sure the conversion but i think a 5 lie is like in between a 5 and 5.5 from eastons. i could be wrong so please if anyone knows correct me

that being said, the robitaille is a warrior 4.5 lie, it is a heel curve, i think its more closed though

the smyth may be a bit drastic change from the forsberg. its a big toe curve

in bauer, the gagne curve might be something you like. its open and its a deeper mi curve than the forsberg

imo, i think you might like the gagne the best, then the heatley, then the robitaille.

personally, i skate up more so i like the sakic, or weight curves

the diameter of the intermediate sticks is smaller than the seniors so it will feel different in your hands than the senior

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote