View Single Post
Old
05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
What do you see happening with your UFAs?

Who do you think your team won't resign?
Who do you think they WILL resign but you wish they wouldn't?

Predators UFAs-

Joel Ward- Will be resigned, just need to figure out his value after a great rookie season.

Greg Zanon- REALLY want to resign, but is due a huge raise. League-leader in shots blocked and hits for the last three years, a warhorse that's developed into a character guy and legit second pairing d-man.

Vernon Fiddler - Of the following three, the guy I'd most like to see brought back. Terrific PK guy, decent in shootouts and good for 10-15 goals. Perfect bottom six guy.

Radek Bonk- Wouldn't mind having him back, for the right price. Top faceoff guy in the league, good defensively, good in the room, 15 or so goals a year. Second choice of the three similar forwards.

Scott Nichol- He's done a lot for the Predators, is a fan favorite, great PKer...maybe one of the best, but his play has steadily declined. No offense whatsoever. Hopefully won't be re-signed.

Greg DeVries- Useless and expensive. Won't be re-signed. Sulzer, Blum or Franson will take his spot in the lineup.

Ville Koistinen- given every opportunity to be Zidlicky's replacement...didn't work at all. Requested trade halfway through the season after being a perma-scratch. Needless to say he's gone.

Steve Sullivan- the biggest question. Both sides want to work something out, but Nashville says, "hey, you were out for 2 years, and you're not getting any younger...you should take a paycut" while Sullivan says, "I came back, and after ten games, I was the best player on the team again. I deserve a RAISE!" Fans are torn on this one....I'd like to see him back, but he's a risk.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote