View Single Post
Old
05-12-2009, 03:45 PM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Flyers:

Mike Knuble - Good vet, good for 25 goals year in and year out, and is a bit of a departure from most other Flyers forwards aside from Hartnell. I think his play in front of the net and along the boards is important, but he makes 2.9 now and i can't see him making too much less than that on his next contract. I think the cap space is more valuable at this point. Tough one to walk away from but i think it might be the best move. He is also getting to the age where play starts to noticeably decline.

Andrew Alberts - I like him as a 3rd pairing guy, and aside from a few really poor stretches he was pretty good for the Flyers. That said, i don't bring him back at his current 1.25 salary. Sbisa has top pairing potential, and should be ready for 3rd pairing duty next season, at half a million less. Alberts does bring a physical edge to the team that is necessary, so if he goes they should address the physical need on the blue line but hopefully with someone better who can slide into the 2nd pairing

Antero Niittymaki - There's next to no chance he will be back. Holmgren has publicly referred to him as damaged goods.

Marty Biron - Most likely player to be brought back, and i think that is a wise move. There isn't much going on out there in terms of goalie's, and given the Flyers cap situation i think this is the safest bet.
i think knuble will be getting a healthy raise this summer and will be looking to cash in on possibly his last contract. problem is hell be worth the price and that places him out of the flyers price range. i think he goes to toronto or vancouver

biron will be back if hell take a pay cut but i dont know how likely that is as hes the best goalie on the free agent market. hell definitely test the market and if he gets the offer he wants hes gone bu i think they flyers stick to thier guns at 3 mil

nitty to the kings cheap. and alberts i have no idea just not here.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote