Thread: Value of: Roberto Luongo
View Single Post
Old
05-12-2009, 03:18 PM
myrocketsgotcracked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
So I have a queation, are the Nucks just a terribel team or what??? I mean Luongo is suppoe to be an absolutely awesome goalie and he puts up nice numbers and all but what has he really done in the playoffs??? In 3 years with the Nucks he's won just 2 playoff series so is it that he's really not that great or is it that the entire team in front of him sucks???
the team in the 07 playoff weren't very good. especially in the 2nd round, where the sedins were sick and a declining naslund on the first line. our 2nd line had jan bulis on it! cooke and kesler was hurt. our best skaters that playoff was linden, pyatt and ohlund. we were up against 2 norris trophy winners and a whole lot of offense in the ducks. we were outshot 2-1 in the 2nd round, and luongo was the only reason we had a chance to win every game. don cherry said that was the greatest playoff goaltending performance he had ever saw!
the team this year is miles better on paper. and the way they dominated the blues in the first round, seems to be capable of something special. but somewhere along the way he lost his focus against the hawks. maybe it was the constant traffic in front of him, the accidental/on purpose bumping, or whatever, luongo wasn't playing up to par this series. he wasn't always bad, he was awesome in the first 2 periods of game 1, first period of game 2, first period of game 6 and all of game 3 and 4. so he played fine for most of the series, but when he (and his D) wasn't on top of his game the hawks scored in bunches.
i guess what i'm trying to say is, don't count out luongo yet. 3 out of 4 playoff series he played in, he was awesome. against the hawks he was average for his standard, and played well enough at times, but the hawks was just too good offensively.

as for a trade, how about luongo + 1st rounder in 09 for carter + sbisa?? too much? not enough?

myrocketsgotcracked is offline   Reply With Quote