Old
09-28-2004, 07:30 PM
You 'Orns!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by modestfwd
One last time...

Korpikoski should in no way be ahead of Immonen. They both have around the same potential, and Immonen is much more polished. So why is the Korpedo so far ahed of him? Immonen can step in right now as a second line center, it'll take Lauri anywhere from 1-3 years.
First of all, by all accounts, after the top 3 or 4 on this list, it's all very close.

From all I've read, Immonen is pretty much a very good 2nd-liner or not an NHL player. The only deficiencies he has (size, skating) are the type that, if they prevent him from playing as a 2nd-liner in the NHL, they could prevent him from playing here at all. Korpikoski, on the other hand, were he not to live up to his potential, with his wheels and enthusiasm, he should still be an effective 3rd-line player. On the other hand, if it does all work out for either of them, they might just become 1st-liners (hey, if Nylander, why not Immonen?).

Here's an analogy (stay with me on this one): Jarkko and Lauri are both archers, aiming at targets that represent which line they play on in the NHL. Jarkko's game is so well developed that he gets to stand much closer to the target when he shoots. Korpikoski's style of play, however, means that he gets a bigger target to shoot at.

I say this having seen only very little of Immonen on video and as good as nothing of Kopikoski, so feel free to take with a mound of salt, but don't laugh at the analogy -- I'm very proud of it.