Old
05-12-2009, 03:57 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson View Post
I agree with your statement.

However, having watched the Islanders GM in a phone interview with Sportsnet a few weeks back, he was very tentative to reveal any information at all.

This tactic can detract from the enthusiasm on the part of the fans. If I were a NYI fan, I would love to read trade speculation and offers. Just to build excitement over the summer and heading into the draft.

Regardless, if Snow plans on trading the #1 overall pick. Just create some hype and get people talking about the organization.
This is why you need not comment on something you have no idea over. It was confirmed that interest in Isles season ticket plans and the Islanders, PERIOD, has increased 120% since the draft lottery. The Islanders said they have had to have X amount of people MORE covering the phone lines because of the inquiries.

The Islanders now have a contest where fans can win a trip to the draft if they fill out some information.

Believe me, interest on Long Island is ridiculous right now. Garth Snow is doing what he should be doing, not creating any false hope in case he doesn't pick the consensus pick right now.

Why are so many of you so ignorant to the fact that a General Manager wants to go about his business quietly?

Just because it creates excitement for the fans doesn't mean Garth Snow should do anything. Some of you really need to step off your high horse.. you're entitled to NOTHING.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote