Old
05-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Not sure why, but LA needs defense just as bad as a left winger. Actually, we need two LWs (a first line one and a veteran third line one for the playoff matchups), a veteran D and a #1 goalie. What we have right now, in every situation except LW, is a bunch of prospects, rookies and second year players. In the LW situation we have Frolov against the world.

If we're going to ask for another LW in trade, I would rather it be the #5 overall and one of our D prospects like Voynov, Hickey or Teubert, rather than the one guy who has had the most years in the NHL, albeit only a few more than Doughty. Johnson is also of the age where he should be able to contribute regularly as well as he is in his 20s. On top of that, his value is low right now so it's very, very easy for this to become a horrible deal in the near future.

The only way I do this is if Lombardi actually finds it easier to sign Mike Komisarek or a similar D man rather than signing any of the top UFA wingers out there by the draft. Just because our D is now leaps and bounds better than the 4 man vacuum we had before (no Greene, Doughty and Quincey, along with Preissing not doing much and Johnson being a rookie), we have a full 7 guys but NONE of them have more than two years NHL experience except Green who just has like 3 years. I think our UFA target should be a player like Komisarek if he's still available and then package one or both of our D prospects since we have so many. Even if we land Komi, we still need Jack to round out our top 4 D.

D prospects usually take time to mature like Bouwmeester. Don't be fooled by Doughty's insanely fast development as normal. Pieterangelo's development is more normal for a top D prospect. Or Quincey's who got released and finally played well like 2-3 years after his rookie season. Give Jack some time and if we have a logjam later when other prospects pan, trade him when his value is high.

As for the goaltending situation, I'm not sure what to do about that. I would rather sign a D, sign a LW and trade this pick if we have to or some prospects for a #1 goalie, like Luongo or Nabokov if they are available.

- R
Completely disagree..............
What we need is a true sniper, that's it.
Our defense will be a league leader very soon and we own a very good Goalie and Bernier is waiting.

i mean.. Doughty - Teubert
Johnson - Greene
Hickey - Quincey.........
that means 1 offense and 1 stay at home defender of finest art in every line.........
tell me 10 NHL team who can say that.

Quick so far has proven himself. Very soon he will be one of the better goalies if not a top 5 goalie.

What exactly do you want from these guys ????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote